We bill Medicare for inpatient and outpatient services Supplemental insurance will also be billed. Patients are responsible for any charges not covered by Medicare and/or supplemental insurance.
Medicare Deductible and Coinsurance Amounts for 2023:
Part A Inpatient Deductible: (pays for inpatient hospital, skilled nursing facility, and some home health care)
For each benefit period Medicare pays all covered costs except the Medicare Part A deductible (2023 = $1,600) during the first 60 days and coinsurance amounts for hospital stays that last beyond 60 days and no more than 150 days. For each benefit period you pay:
- Days 1 - 60 $1,600.00
- Days 61 - 90 $400.00 per day
- Days 91 - 150 $800.00 per day (Lifetime Reserve Days)
- All costs for each day beyond 150 days
Note: You have 60 Lifetime Reserve Days available at day 91
Part B Outpatient Deductible: (covers Medicare eligible physician services, outpatient hospital services, certain home health services, durable medical equipment)
- $226.00 per year. (Note: You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for services after you meet the $226.00 deductible.)
Skilled Nursing Facility Co-insurance
- Days 1 - 20 Medicare Covers
- Days 21 - 100 $200.00 per day
In addition to your deductible, you may be liable for co-insurance.